St Paul's Church, Dalehall, Burslem

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:December 1963

Description:The east end of St Paul's Church from near the bottom of Hall Street showing the extensive 3 acre churchyard. Ellgreave Street is hidden behind the church, to the left are Sant Street and Globe Street. Many of the houses around Church Square have been demolished.

The large Gothic stone built Church was built over two years from 1828 and demolished in 1974, being unsafe from subsidence. A modern church stands on the site. St Paul's became a parish church when Longport ecclesiastical parish was formed from Burslem in 1845.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/099-03 (204/35334)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.