The corner of Williamson Street and Scotia Road, Tunstall

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:February 1964

Description:Henry Richard's Ceramic Tile Works (The Pinnox Works) occupied the land between Williamson Street and Woodland Street. Inn the photograph, Scotia Road runs across and Williamson Street runs straight ahead. This street corner is now open space. The works were demolished in the 1960s.
Henry Richards occupied the Pinnox Works from 1903 and specialised in the production of floor tiles and mosaic. The nearby Brownhill Works was opened in 1934 as an addition to Pinnox.

View Location


Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/090-17 (204/35278)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.