Tunstall Station

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:March 1964

Description:Tunstall Station pictured just after closure in 1964. Tunstall was a station on the Potteries Loop Line. Opened in December 1873, it was closed when the loop line closed in March 1964. The camera was looking south towards the next station, Burslem. Pittshill was the next station north.

At times the loop line was very busy: there were up to 40 trains a day between Stoke and Tunstall in 1937, but by 1960 there were just four. Sited on Station Road (now The Boulevard), the station and track has been removed and the site is now part of the Potteries Greenway. Station House still stands on the south side of the Boulevard.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/087-15 (204/35218)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.