Gordon Works pottery, Pinnox Street, Tunstall

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:February 1964

Description:Then Gordon Works was on the north side of Pinnox Street. Built around1885 it was originally operated by Cumberlidge & Humphries, it manufactured earthenware. Later occupied by Gater Hall, from 1915 it became the property of A G Richardson & Co. who manufactured tea wares (including Crown Ducal) until the 1970s. The site is now small industrial units, although the terraced houses, dating from the 1880s, at the end of Pinnox Street still stand.

Gibson Street runs off to the right. The building on the corner with the overhang, still stands. The lorry on front of the works is an old local authority dustcart (?Albion) from the days when dustmen would empty circular metal dustbins into the lorry.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/082-04 (204/35057)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.