Geen Street, Stoke upon Trent.

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:November 1963

Description:The view along Geen Street (formerly St Anne Street) from Hartshill Road. The two corner shop buildings still remain, but the terrace of houses on the left has been cleared and replaced with flats and The Salvation Army Hostel. At the bottom, beyond the lorry, the properties on Liverpool Road are just visible. The tall building is Hepworth House, dated 1908.

Geen Street was renamed from St Anne Street after Frederick Geen, an accountant and Mayor of Stoke upon Trent three times at the end of the nineteenth century. Geen's Accountants still have offices in Liverpool Road.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/007-24 (204/32937)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.