View of the Potteries from Stoke-on-Trent

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:June 1963

Description:A view south east from open ground near the top of Sturgess Street in Stoke-on-Trent. The roof in the centre foreground behind the trees belongs to the main range of Falcon Pottery Works, built 1902-1905. To the extreme left of the photograph is Sturgess Street, running down to London Road. The cluster of bottle ovens and chimneys in the centre belong to the Minton factory on London Road.

Further away in the centre are the four floodlight pylons of Stoke City's Victoria Ground with the front of the main stand and the stand at the Boothen end visible. The spoil tip in the distance to the left belongs to Glebe Colliery, todays Glebedale Park.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/018-08 (204/32919)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.