Fenton Park and Cemetery

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1963 - 1964 (c.)

Description:Fenton Park is to the left and Fenton Cemetery to the right in this photograph taken from the northern end of Vivian Road. Beville Street (formerly Cemetery Road) runs off to the left. Bassilow Road runs straight ahead northwards, originally to Bassilow Farm.

The Cemetery dates from 1887, with original gates still in place, and the Park was opened in 1924 on the site of the old Broadfield Colliery. The higher ground in the distance was part of Berry Hill Brickworks and Colliery.

View Location


Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/204-22 (204/39189)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.