Methodist Central Hall, Longton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:January 1967

Description:This is the main entrance to Methodist Central Hall on the Strand (previously Stafford Street) in Longton. Methodism dates back to the 1780s in Longton, by 1842 a large chapel had been built in Stafford Street. It became Longton Central Mission in 1933, a brick building with classical ornamentation, capable of seating over 1000 people. Today it is known as Longton Central Hall. By the time of the photograph, the ground floor was in use by shops, as they are today. The Tweenage Shop catered for 8 to 12 years olds. On the other side, Norman Wain was an optician.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/239-09 (204/38924)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.