Furnival's potworks, Elder Road, Cobridge.

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:November 1963

Description:Furnival's pottery was at the southern end of Elder Road, close to the junction with Waterloo Road. This photograph was taken from Waterloo Road. Although the works has been demolished, the two buildings in the background are still identifiable, standing on the corner of Hilary Street. The farther one was the Raven Hotel, now with a different use.

Thomas Furnival started a potworks in Cobridge in 1851, specialising in ironstone. The company became Furnivals Ltd in 1913 and the works closed in 1968. Next door was the Crystal Porcelain tile works, almost completely demolished.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/125-01 (204/35738)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.