The view from near Mill Hill in Little Chell Lane, Little Chell

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:June 1964

Description:The camera is looking northwards from near the top of Little Chell Lane. In the foreground is Blessed William Southerne Roman Catholic Secondary School, opened in 1957. This became St Margaret Ward Catholic School in 1980 and St Margaret Ward Catholic Academy in 2013.

Beyond the school lie Newchapel and Kidsgrove and to the right the spoil tips of Chatterley Whitfield. On the right is the edge of a pottery waste tip (shraff) and further right, off the photograph, the junction with High Lane.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/079-01 (204/34865)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.