Grindley's Woodland Pottery, Tunstall

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:January 1964

Description:W H Grindley's Woodland Pottery in Lower Woodland Street. The photograph was taken from Lambert Street (known as Garden Street until the 1950s). In the 1990's the area was redeveloped, the pottery was demolished, Lower Woodland Street disappeared and the site used for a supermarket. Washington Street, off to the right, remains. The building on the left, with the Morris Minor car parked outside, was the company offices.

W H Grindley manufactured earthenware in Tunstall from 1880 until 1991, producing ironstone china particularly for sale in North and South America and Australia.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/078-10 (204/34858)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.