Royal Albert Pottery, Bank Street, Tunstall

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:January 1964

Description:Alfred Meakin's Royal Albert Pottery in Bank Street, Tunstall. This is the rear of the works, with the main entrance on neighbouring Parsonage Street. To the right, at the end of Bank Street just visible is High Street.

The first part of what became Alfred Meakin's Royal Albert Pottery was built in Bank Street by Turner, Goddard & Co in 1866. Alfred Meakin occupied the works from 1873. To the right towards the High Street corner is part of Meakin's Victoria Pottery. The works have been demolished and replaced by housing.

View Location

Share:


Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/067-07 (204/33662)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.