The Old School, Brindley Ford, Stoke-on-Trent

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:May 1964

Description:Brindley Ford First School on the A527 (Outclough Road). The tablet on then centre gable reads Wolstanton School Board AD1885. The school as closed in the 1980s but the building (now called The Old School) is now used as a centre for a range small businesses.

The Wolstanton School Board was formed in 1874 and established schools over a wide area from Silverdale, Chesterton, Tunstall and Brindley Ford. The milk lorry in front of then school might be delivering free school milk: 1/3 pint of milk for each pupil. Further down Outclough Road, the tall building on the right is the Primitive Methodist Chapel.

View Location

Share:


Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/059-19 (204/33526)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.