Fisher Street and Outclough Road, Brindley Ford, Stoke-on-Trent

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:May 1964

Description:The junction of Fisher Street (left) with the main Outclough Road (right) in Brindley Ford. The camera is looking north. Going off to the right is Finch Street (formerly Chapel Street). There are typical two corner shops, Frank Roberts (grocers, bakers and sweet shop) and a newsagents and tobacconist.

Beyond the line of terraced houses is the Methodist Chapel on what used to be called High Street. All of the visible buildings on the right hand side of Outclough Road have been demolished and replaced with modern housing and chapel building.

Fisher Street was originally called Church Street. The large building on the right hand side beyond the houses is the back of the Primitive Methodist Chapel which has its entrance on Outclough Road. It was originally built in the 1860s and the present building has a date stone for 1898, when it was rebuilt. On the higher ground in the distance is Biddulph.

View Location

Share:


Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/059-16 (204/33524)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.