Sparrow Street, Smallthorne, Stoke-on-Trent

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:June 1964

Description:The camera is looking south along Sparrow Street in Smallthorne. The terraced houses on the right date before 1880 whilst the left hand side was built up between 1810 and 1899. The taller building on then left (now demolished) is the end of the terrace at the corner of Albert Street, now Athlone Street. At the far end on the right is the back of the infant and junior school on Regina Street.

The Goodwin's "Extra Flour" delivery van is a Ford Thames 4D. Goodwin's Flour Company was in Lower Street in Newcastle under Lyme.

View Location

Share:


Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/049-20 (204/33384)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.