Entrance and ticket office, Milton Railway Station, Stoke-on-Trent

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:June 1964

Description:The entrance to Milton Station was on Maunders Road (previously Station Road) on the north western edge of the village. The line was in a cutting and the platforns were below and behind the station building.

Milton was one of the original stations on the old North Staffordshire Railway branch line from Stoke to Leek Brook junction, opened in 1867. Passenger services ceased in 1956 and the station was closed with the line remaining open for freight only until 1988. The line and single platform has been dismantled and the entrance and ticket office replaced with housing. The house to the left is on Newford Crescent.

View Location

Share:


Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/033-19 (204/33178)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.