New Hall Pottery, New Hall Street, Hanley

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:October 1962

Description:The photograph shows a view west along New Hall Street towards the junction with Marsh Street and York Street. The bulk of the pottery site lies behind these two buildings on New Hall Street (the top of a bottle oven is just visible). Both buildings have been demolished, becoming the site of a supermarket in the 1970s. The New Hall Pottery Company was founded right at the end of the nineteenth century, taking over the New Hall Works of Plant and Gilmore. Initially the company made toilet sets and jugs but by the 1920s had diversified into dinner and hotel wares. New Hall Pottery Co. ceased trading in 1956.

View Location

Share page:


Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/179-01 (204/32740)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.