Grove Secondary School, Northwood, Hanley

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:October 1963

Description:Grove Secondary School is on Keelings Road between Turner Street (in the photograph) and Myatt Street (to the left, out of shot). The school arose out of the reorganisation of city schools in 1932, using part of the buildings of the old Grove County Infants School. Some of the buildings date from 1891. The single storey classrooms in front of the main building have been demolished, but in the photograph obscure a venetian window in the central gable. The cupola top behind the tower was the boiler chimney. It is now Grove Junior School.

View Location

Share:


Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/175-05 (204/32695)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.